Many years ago, the island Sri Lanka was called Serendip, the origin of the word serendipity. We feel the influence of 'always making discoveries, by accidents and sagacity, of things they were not in quest of' is a good description of a Tell Tale trip, but perhaps particularly so in Sri Lanka.
- A classic journey around the island of Sri Lanka, known in ancient times as Serendip. Your journey will take in the ancient capital city of Kandy, the splendours of Sigiriya, the luscious greenery of hill country, nature and wildlife, and finally the south west coast with its stunning backdrop of clear blue sea and fishermen perched on sticks.
Private tour 16 days
- Discover the animals and nature of Sri Lanka. Leopards, elephants, peacocks and more on this wildlife-themed trip. You'll explore vast wildlife reserves and visit conservation projects. Of course this is a Tell Tale trip so you'll also discover the real Sri Lanka from the people who live there. Private tour 16 days (usually Saturday to a Sunday, 2 weeks later), ideal for couples, but can be taken by families.
- Chattering monkeys abound on this two week family adventure holiday. Ideal for the summer months, this tour not just takes in historic forts, Yala national park and a gentle trek in hill country, you'll swim and snorkel in the sea (lovely on the east coast at this time of year, shallow lagoons and turquoise waters).Private tour 16 days (usually Saturday to a Sunday, 2 weeks later). Designed as a family adventure, it's a great adults only itinerary too.
- A 9-day tour discovering the flora and fauna of this beautiful island. Highlights include Sinharaja rainforest, a biosphere, seeing cinnamon cultivation and exploring a forest with a botanist.
Private tour 9 days (Saturday to Sunday, a week later)
Discover the culture, wildlife, greenery and beaches of Sri Lanka on this group departure. We'll provide you with as many insider experiences as we can manage within a group holiday. No single supplement, but you get your own room throughout the tour.
Group tour 15 days
- Wildlife and Beaches extravaganza with an award-winning photographer at your fingertips. You will of course still have local guides too. Whether you're a beginner or been taking photos for a while, you'll come back with photos to show as well as our usual tales to tell. Group tour 12 days - November 2013